Law of Ukraine No. 2923-IX stipulates that in case of destruction or damage to citizens’ housing or property, in particular as a result of war, citizens have the right to receive compensation from the state.
Who is entitled to compensation?
Citizens of Ukraine who are:
– owners of damaged or destroyed real estate objects;
– construction customers;
– owners of a special property right to indivisible residential objects under construction, future objects of residential real estate or persons who have paid a partial price of such an object and in whose favor the encumbrance of property rights on such an object has been registered in accordance with the Law of Ukraine
– persons who invested/financed the construction of construction objects, in respect of which the right to perform construction works was obtained before the Law of Ukraine “On Guaranteeing Property Rights to Real Estate Objects to be Built in the Future” came into force;
– by members of housing and construction (housing) cooperatives who bought an apartment, other living space in the building, a manor-type house, garden or country house of the cooperative, but did not issue the ownership right to it;
– the heirs of the above-mentioned persons.